Orlando Weather (Excel)
Orlando Weather (Adobe)
More detailed information can be found on the
Weather Underground website for the Kissimmee area - the banner (if visible)
shows current weather conditions - click for more detail (our home is Zip code
FL 34747) or on the link to the right:
This website will also give historical weather charts, by day, week or month for an insight
into typical weather either recently or over the years.
DRIVING tips for UK visitors
- Driving is on the RIGHT
- Always carry your driving license and rental agreement with you.
- You may turn right on a red traffic light after coming to a stop,
unless otherwise indicated
- Should it rain you must switch on your lights and windscreen wipers.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times.
- Keep loose change in the car for tolls (multiples of 25 cents to about
$3 max.), noting that manned toll booths will take bills.
- Junctions are not always signed in advance with count down markers as in the UK.
- Speed limits vary
with little warning and with no reminder. Pay careful attention to signs.
- All accidents must be reported to the police and your car hire firm.
- DO NOT PASS a School bus when stopped in EITHER direction.
- Florida Slow Down
and Move Over Law: As you approach emergency vehicles you are required by
law to move out of the lane closest to the emergency vehicle and slow down.
- Petrol (Gas) stations are numerous within the Orlando area, petrol is
still relatively cheap (about $2.30 / £1.50 a US gallon*). Fill up in Orlando area if driving out
"of the city" as gas stations become more scarce further out and
potentially much more expensive.
- When filling up with fuel, most pumps accept credit
cards, although some require a US ZIP code to approve!. After removing the fuel nozzle from itís holder, you may have to flip down a bar on the cradle to activate the pump. You may also need to select payment method
at the pump, where pre-pay in the kiosk is a common requirement, before the pump
can be started.
Gas prices in the Orlando area can be found here:
More details on Florida
Traffic Law can be found here: